(ta·bu·la ra·sa) noun, plural
- a mind not yet affected by experiences, impressions, etc.
- anything existing undisturbed in its original pure state.
- (origin Latin): 1525–35; scraped tablet, clean slate
A New Year
- An optimist thinks about new relationships, engaging new projects, and exciting adventures the coming year will bring.
- A pessimist worries over the same relationships, dreading unpleasant projects, rehashing misadventures, carrying forward baggage from the previous year.
Do you see yourself as The Optimist, The Pessimist, or Both?
Don’t be shackled to other people’s expectations.-Daniel Pink
How to Have an Amazing Year
CLICK HERE to link to a fantastic podcast from the Smartpassiveincome.com blog, it is worth your time to listen and take note of this interview with Michael Hyatt, the former Chairman and CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishers. The podcast is called “SPI 093: How to Make Next Year the Best Year Ever! Goal Setting, Resistance and Priorities with Michael Hyatt”
Goal Setting for Foster Families
As I type this, I can imagine you laughing to yourself, wondering how in the world you would have time to teach goal setting with your foster kiddos?? Keep it simple. Discussing your kiddo’s goals does not have to be complicated and lengthy. Having this “goal setting” conversation will give you amazing insight into what they really want. It may open them up to considering new ways of looking at life. A consistent theme from foster alumni is that foster children need to be heard. If you take the time to help your kiddos identify one or two things that are important to them and then guide them to create consistent, simple daily actions that will move them toward their goal – you will start building healthy habits that will transform their character and create a positive bond among you.
“Lack of consistency is the subtle but great stealer of dreams & desires.” Darren Hardy
tabula rasa. (n.d.). Collins English Dictionary – Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition. Retrieved January 01, 2014, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/tabula rasa
“Write It Down Make It Happen: Knowing What You Want and Getting It.” by Henriette Klauser